Friday, October 10, 2008

YOU GOT EIGHT LEGS?

Hello and welcome to arachnipedia.

I'm a British journalist working as a sub-editor in the UK provincial press, but since childhood I've had a fascination with creepy-crawlies.
Give me a cricket over a cricket report any day. I'd rather see eight legs before I see a leg before wicket! Not that crickets have eight legs - they are insects and have six!

I'm living out my childhood fantasy with this site.

With this blog I aim to probe YOUR back gardens and at the same time I hope to dispel some of the hateful myths about spiders in the UK. I also hope that readers share their photos and stories about spiders (not just in the UK, but worldwide).

In turn, I hope to update this blog with my own videos/ reports / videoblogs about the spiders I've encountered (and am about to encounter as autumn sets in!)

So, if there's a big bugger in your kitchen/bedroom/bathroom, don't squish 'im. He'll be looking for a girlfriend. Just pop him in some bog roll and drop him outside. But snap him first and email him to gavinpow77@btinternet.com

Spiders are quite brilliant..
Gav.